Who We Are
Tierra Institute International is a non-profit organization established in California in May 2001 associated with Tierra–Institut International Catalunya since 2008, and with a delegation in Mexico since 2012
Tierra activities focus on:
- Certified practical training on the applications of solar energy to prepare individuals to enter the solar industry market, and to empower vulnerable people and communities contributing to the reduction of their energy poverty situation.
- Promoting, facilitating and encouraging mobility of people, preferably youth in training of limited resources, at risk or living in disadvantaged areas and communities, for their education and professional, cultural and environmental protection
Our Guiding Principles
- Dignity, because we believe that training, training and development of individual talents is a basic human right.
- Sustainability of human resources development activities at local and community level.
- Respect to the environment and cultures of people as the basis of understanding and tolerance.
- Collaboration with educational institutions, businesses and community organizations that share our mission and principles.