Internships for Youth
Tierra Institute International organizes and manages internships in industry in California and in Barcelona, Spain for youth in training. The goals of the program are to:
- Enhance the professional resume and to improve work placement opportunities.
- Acquire technical and professional competencies.
- Obtain internship transfer credit for post secondary studies.
- Acquire mobility, personal autonomy, living skils, and knowledge of cultures.
- Motivate for continuing education.
- Improve skills in the use of host country’s language.
- Information of legal and functional requirements of the host country.
- Finding lodging and internship placement in industry for appropriate training.
- Airport pick up and transportation to lodging.
- Introduction to the environment and culture of the host country.
- Document management of the internship and introduction to the work placement.
- Follow up and evaluation of the internship.
- Participant’s tutoring during the internship.
- To fulfil requirements of the home countr’ys educational institution (if applicable).
- To fulfil host’s country legal requirements.
- Letter of intention.
- Medical insurance (sickness and accident) (To be contracted in the home country).
- Liability insurance. (To be contracted in the host country).
For information, please contact email@example.com