International Solar Cooperation Projects
The objective of Tierra International Institute solar cooperation program is to contribute reducing the extreme energy poverty level of vulnerable rural communities in developing countries without access to modern energy services. Tierra Institute International solar cooperation projects are conducted in the host country/region in collaboration with institutions, non-profit organizations, civil associations, and communities of the host country/region. Tierra offers,
- Train the trainer courses and workshops for Energy Efficiency/Reduction and Solar Technology Systems
- Installation of solar technology systems in individual homes and/or in public buildings (School, Health Center, Community Center, Church) with participation and training of its members.
- Monitoring and maintenance of the systems for a five year period in collaboration with local personnel trained by Tierra
Individuals from any country are invited to participate in these programs as volunteers
- Course and workshop development.
- Design, training and collaborative installation of solar system
- Search for financial support and fund raising of solar collaborative projects.
- Implementation and evaluation of solar projects.
- Assuring sustainability of the solar project with involvement of community members
- Logistics and travel arrangements for volunteers participating in host country/region/community projects